hadron or any one

doc14

Registered Users (C)
hi,iam the beneficiary of my spouse's g.c.we have a priority date of august 2002 eb-2,now that eb-2 india retrogressed to june 2002,will we in the near future be able to file for 485?
i am asking this coz is ead as good as g.c?can i also apply in university programmes which needs j-1 or g.c holders.also by when should i have my ead ready ? at the time of applying ,or at time of interview or at the time of start of residency?

Your I485 petitions should be lying next to your computer, completely filled out, medicals done, express mail envelope postage paid. Once the magic visa bulletin switches to 'August 02', you jump into your corolla, run down to the post office and drop it in the expressmail box.
You can file once the visa bulletin gets there, not a minute earlier. The problem is that once they advance a month, they get hit by a deluge of new applications. As a result, they can run into 'oversubscribed' in a hurry and it can bounce back a couple of months as a result.

You will need the EAD once you start residency. For the application purpose you mark off 'mmigrant' (even in the 'current visa' category on ERAS).

thank you doctor,but i still have this doubt.at the time of applications and interviews i will not have my ead,can i still apply for university based programmes who take g.c holders and j-1?or do i need to have my ead in hand and then only apply?is it ok to tell them that by the time the programme start date i will have ead so that they wont have any hassels to sponcer me a visa?