Had Interview today in Chicago

macnme

PLEASE HELP /w a case..DECISION CANNOT BE MADE!

Hi everyone.,
My husband & I had our citizenship interview today.We were called separately by two different officers....I got APPROVED and the oath date will be sent via mail.My husband got the note saying "THE DECISION HAS NOT YET BEEN MADE" and he would hear back from them via mail.

He works for a US company as the MD for their Offshore facility(maintain our continous residency) and so both of us have had to travel back and forth for the past 21/2 years.He went through my travels dates briefly.Although I had 1 trip over 6 months he did'nt question as we had the N-470 approvals.

My husband's interview went well....few questions about the assignment abroad, filing of taxes etc.In the end she said would have to verify travel dates and took a copy of his passport and said he have to wait for his decision.She was courteous and said he would hear back soon.

ANY LUCK...ANYBODY IN THE SAME SITUATION.PLEASE RESPOND.THANKS!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in a similar situation though the interview is yet to be scheduled. Can you share what kind of questions were asked about assignment abroad and filing taxes?

Thanks

macnme said:
Hi everyone.,
My husband & I had our citizenship interview today.We were called separately by two different officers....I got APPROVED and the oath date will be sent via mail.My husband got the note saying "THE DECISION HAS NOT YET BEEN MADE" and he would hear back from them via mail.

He works for a US company as the MD for their Offshore facility(maintain our continous residency) and so both of us have had to travel back and forth for the past 21/2 years.He went through my travels dates briefly.Although I had 1 trip over 6 months he did'nt question as we had the N-470 approvals.

My husband's interview went well....few questions about the assignment abroad, filing of taxes etc.In the end she said would have to verify travel dates and took a copy of his passport and said he have to wait for his decision.She was courteous and said he would hear back soon.

ANY LUCK...ANYBODY IN THE SAME SITUATION.PLEASE RESPOND.THANKS!

Seems the interview officer wants to verify the date stamps on the passport and determine if they match with the N400, and additionally, she might want to go over and count the days correctly.

that seems a correct procedure (and well done) to do.

they reject the application if applicant does not meet the criteria at a very early stage of the n400 process...this is even before the initial noa is sent to the applicant :)
trust me personal experience

ocworker said:
Seems the interview officer wants to verify the date stamps on the passport and determine if they match with the N400, and additionally, she might want to go over and count the days correctly.

that seems a correct procedure (and well done) to do.[/
QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator: