H4 visa stamping

irahirs

Registered Users (C)
Can we get the visa stamped even when we have over two months on the existing visa? How can we verify this? I am not able to get a reply from TTS visa. How long before the expiry of a visa can we renew it at the consulate?

Irahirs.

irahirs said:
Can we get the visa stamped even when we have over two months on the existing visa?
Yes

irahirs said:
How can we verify this? I am not able to get a reply from TTS visa. How long before the expiry of a visa can we renew it at the consulate?
Irahirs.
6 months

H4 Visa Staming

My Current H1B expires on Jun 24 2005. My wife is going for H4 Visa stamping in Feb. Since I have only 3 months left for my H1 and I am just getting worried whether my wife can get her H4. And also do I need to submit all paystubs from previous employers.

Thanks
Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

I am also have the same problem. But this time i am looking for my infant child visa stamping. If you get any response could u please post it.

thanks,
ksk.

Yep. I will know what it is in next few days since my wife is attending interview in next week. I got different answers from different people and now I keep my fingers crossed and pray god.

OK. The good news is today my wife got her visa. Of course we need to get the documents in courier, but she has been told that she got the vsia. So they did not create any problem.

cooooooooooll. congrats man.
But I have another small problem. Here I have applied for 485 for myself. I would like to add my wife and kid name once they got the visa. on March 22 we are going to Delhi consulate for my kid visa stamping. will it be a problem?
anybody got H4 visa from delhi(because, my H1 will be expired this May, 2005).
gurus help me.

thanks,
ksk.

rajvadde said:
OK. The good news is today my wife got her visa. Of course we need to get the documents in courier, but she has been told that she got the vsia. So they did not create any problem.

Hi! Raj, Can you tell me what documents required for H4-Stamping.
I am in USA and my wife on visit to india. She need to get her H4 Stamp to re-enter in USA.

Please share Experience.
Did you took online appointment or personal?

Its an online appointment. I sent a whole bunch of documents for my wife stamping including all paystubs in last year, my year end forms and all previous H1 documents etc. But interestingly they did not look at any of those documents and asked my wife only two questions like - so your husband works company xyz and when did you marry?

So I felt that it all depends on which company you work for. I work for a reputed american company so that could be it.

My wife got the passport with stamping on it yesterday. But as a matter of fact, I am here with giving the list of all documents that I sent : -

1) A letter from comany addressing US Consulate, Chennai requesting for H4 Visa Issuance. This letter needs to be submitted in Original

2) Complete H1 Documents. This set has copy H1 approval notice, I129, LCA and other documents pertaining to my H1 filing.

3) Chennai Consulate Appointment Receipt.

4) Letter from Bank declaring the average monthly balance in last 3 months. Use the original.

5) Copies of Recent Pay Slips Use Originals.

6) Last two years compensation review documents. These are just some other proof of my salary increase. Use the originals.

7) Photos taken at work place. These are needed only in case if they ask for. There is no place where it says these are required. But better to have them.

8) DS 156 Application Form, Typed and Printed. On Internet there is a tool, where you can type the information. I typed it and printed. Sending two copies. If you feel information is accurate use this one.

9) Year 2004 W2 form

And also I sent my original H1 Approval Notice

Thanks!! Can you tell me how online appointment works?
Do we need to send all documents to Spouse or Consulate?

If possible, send me link for online appointment also.

Thanks for your time and detail explanation.

rajvadde said:
Its an online appointment. I sent a whole bunch of documents for my wife stamping including all paystubs in last year, my year end forms and all previous H1 documents etc. But interestingly they did not look at any of those documents and asked my wife only two questions like - so your husband works company xyz and when did you marry?

So I felt that it all depends on which company you work for. I work for a reputed american company so that could be it.

My wife got the passport with stamping on it yesterday. But as a matter of fact, I am here with giving the list of all documents that I sent : -

1) A letter from comany addressing US Consulate, Chennai requesting for H4 Visa Issuance. This letter needs to be submitted in Original

2) Complete H1 Documents. This set has copy H1 approval notice, I129, LCA and other documents pertaining to my H1 filing.

3) Chennai Consulate Appointment Receipt.

4) Letter from Bank declaring the average monthly balance in last 3 months. Use the original.

5) Copies of Recent Pay Slips Use Originals.

6) Last two years compensation review documents. These are just some other proof of my salary increase. Use the originals.

7) Photos taken at work place. These are needed only in case if they ask for. There is no place where it says these are required. But better to have them.

8) DS 156 Application Form, Typed and Printed. On Internet there is a tool, where you can type the information. I typed it and printed. Sending two copies. If you feel information is accurate use this one.

9) Year 2004 W2 form

And also I sent my original H1 Approval Notice

Question for rajvadde.

rajvadde:

Did you send your original I-797 H1B approval notice ? why did you do that? is that required? My wire is also going for stamping in march. She has her own I-797 H4 approval notice. So I am not sure if I really need to send my original H1B I-797 approval notice. Please reply.

thanks
nkc

Another question.

rajvadde:

One more question. I read somewhere that form DS-157 is required to be filled for an appointment in new delhi even if the dependent is a female. Is that true ? Did you fill that up for your wife?

Thanks
nkc

DS 157 is only for Males. My Legal Department told me to send the original because there are cases where H4 was rejected. Two of my friends had the problem. Of course Chennai Consulate Website says they need only a copy. I was little hesitant, but sent the original with my friend. Consulate did not ask for it.

H4 Stamping question At mumabi . Need answer

Hi! My wife needs to get her H4 visa stamp at Mumbai consulate.
I am trying to get online appointment but Following link
http://www.visa-services.com/interview-online.html
Just show Type of Visa B1/B2. How can I get H4 visa appointment?

I have question related to H4 Stamping in DS-156 Form please answer it.

Also, In DS-156 Form
Section 15: Home address? Which address she can put?( She has been living in USA since last 5 yrs and visiting her parents in India.

Section 24: What address will you stay in US?
I know, She can put my (our) address but wants to confirm.
Section 27: What is purpose of this trip?

Section 28: who will pay for your trip?