H4 visa stamping Nogales, Mexico

conundrum

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My wife had gone for her H4 visa stamping on the 11th of Jan to Nogales and she has written a detail log of how things went over there.

To make the story short, she got her visa and the passport was returned the same day. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very well written

Hello

First of all Congratulations!!!!

Trust me very well written; just felt like I being their...like H1-B live novel story....really felt happy .....I am going to Tijuana on first week of March with my entire family...I have H1-B and H4 approvals as well...

I am going for 7th year..did you see any one who came for 7th year extension.?

Thanks alot for your effort.

Thanks
Raj

Hi,

Fanstatic report - thanks for the detailed account. I was going crazy trying to find out if a visa is required to go to Nogales. I have a few questions:

1. your wife has suggested a visa - where does one get it - that 170 peso visa - at the border?
2. Costs are: $100 at Banamex; $50 reciprocity fee; $6 for I-94 - any thing else?
3. is a Mexican car insurance required for rental cars even if parked on other side of border.

Advise will be valuable as the report was...

:)

Sorry for the delaying in responding. We really felt that such a lengthy report would be useful as there was very little info out there when she went for her visa.

She didn't see anyone there for their 7th year extension. She only meet a guy who was renewing his 3year visa and another for a fresh H1.

You can get the Mexican permit from any of the mexican consulates (not at the border, I think), at least that is my understanding. You are right, $100 for visa appliaction fee, $50 reciprocity fee and $6 for the I-94, thats it as far the visa goes, rest is personal expenses. My understanding is you can get insurance which is valid in Mexico (check with the rental guys, ther also other who cover the insurance), even though I have read that taking a rental car is not the greatest of ideas. If you plan on taking a car across the border you will definitely need a permit, as I remember reading somewhere that you need a valid mexican permit for your insurance (from whoever you take, either from the rental agency or from a third party) to be valid. Hope that helps.

W2 to be taken

First of all, thanks a ton for making a detailed description about your trip.

My question-
1. Did they ask you to show the current W2 or all the W2's?
2. I tried to search the web to see what doc's are needed for Revalidation. I could not find any official site with the list. Would you know any gov site? My main concern is to check official requirement of w2's.

Again, I am sorry for the delay in responding. For my wife's visa they only needed the current W2 and the federal tax return.

I am not aware of any website which details the requirements of the W2. Sorry I couldn't be of help.

H4 visa stamping without H1!!!

Congrats buddy!!!

I have a question to the forum. My wife got I539 approval. I haven't get my approval for 7th year extension. Now she is planning to travel india in june. And she got appointment in matamoros, mexico for h4 visa stamping of 7th year extension. Is there any incidents whether the dependent went for visa stamping without the primary applicant. Is it risky?

Pl suggests.

Thanks,
Shah.