H4 visa stamping during H-1 candidate in USA

rahul789

Hello All,
I'm on H-1b and unable to travel to India due to work. My H-1b Visa expired in November 2022 but have valid I-797 till October 2025. My wife needs to visit india and needs to go for visa stamping. Would she get H-4 visa stamped based on my I-797 validity till October 2025 or do both of us have to go for visa H-1b and H-4 visa stamping?

Thanks

Yes, she can get an H4 visa because you are in H1b status with valid H1b I-94. You do not need to get a visa.

Hello All,
I'm on H-1b and unable to travel to India due to work. My H-1b Visa expired in November 2022 but have valid I-797 till October 2025. My wife needs to visit india and needs to go for visa stamping. Would she get H-4 visa stamped based on my I-797 validity till October 2025 or do both of us have to go for visa H-1b and H-4 visa stamping?

Thanks
Is H4 applied for dropbox and got stamping done

Hello All,

Thanks
Were you able to get H4 stamping done with Principal Applicant back in US? I have a family member in the same situation.