H4 Visa Revalidation Question

srini123

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

A question for you regarding H4 visa revalidation...

A friend of mine has a valid H1B visa up until end of 2003...this visa is thru Company A. His wife's H4 visa is valid up until the end of this year, this visa is obtained when my friend was working with Company A.

He now works for company B and has a H1 approval notice thru Company B. This approval notice came with a new I-94 which is valid up until the end of 2004. Now, he would like to apply
for his H1 visa revalidation.

Now, can my friend apply for his wife's H4 visa revalidation, without having to extend it? or does he have to apply for her H4 extension first, and upon approval, apply for revalidation?

My instincts say that he can go ahead and apply for re-validation of his wife's H4 visa...since it is directly dependent on his H1...just like going to a consul and applying for a new H4 visa...

Am I correct?

Thanks much,
Srini

Originally posted by srini123
Hi All,

A friend of mine has a valid H1B visa up until end of 2003...this visa is thru Company A. His wife's H4 visa is valid up until the end of this year, this visa is obtained when my friend was working with Company A.

He now works for company B and has a H1 approval notice thru Company B. This approval notice came with a new I-94 which is valid up until the end of 2004. Now, he would like to apply
!!!! Does company B applied for his wife H4 extension .It is same like I-797 H4 extension .. If she has that Extension yes He and she can both apply for revalidation ..
Unfortunately if the company B doesnot filed the H4 extension means .. Then he has to file I-539 for her (this is H4 Extension ) .. Once upon approval of that she will get approval notice .. then they both can send for revalidation ..

Now, can my friend apply for his wife's H4 visa revalidation, without having to extend it? or does he have to apply for her H4 extension first, and upon approval, apply for revalidation?

My instincts say that he can go ahead and apply for re-validation of his wife's H4 visa...since it is directly dependent on his H1...just like going to a consul and applying for a new H4 visa...

Am I correct?

Thanks much,
Srini

Hi All,

My instincts say that he can go ahead and apply for re-validation of his wife's H4 visa...since it is directly dependent on his H1...just like going to a consul and applying for a new H4 visa... NOPE

Am I correct? you can get h4 stamp using spouse h1 only when outside usa. you need to file h4 extension and after approval you might have to sent to the state department for visa revalidation (h4). this is important that the spouse i94 will reflect the same date as was in h1 expiry date. if you do not want to file h4 extension here then she might have to go out of usa before current i94 expire and then get the visa stamped outside india and enter on new i94.