H4 visa refused in Hyderabad India

kynarsingi

Hi,
I am on H1B working in OH and recently married (arranged marriage).

My wife had H4 visa interview in hyderabad, India and we are distant relatives.
When she was asked about the relation, she mentioned as cousin and Visa officer (VO) said OH doesn't support such marriages and suggested to change my location to another state where such marriages are legal.

However, she did not receive any slip or any papers from VO explaining the reason for not approving visa. On sending an email explaining the interview conversation, they responded
saying that she was determined to be ineligible for a visa under Section 214(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)

Please suggest if anyone had faced similar situation and what can be the next step.

Thanks

thanks lisaanderson for your suggestion. I have checked with attorney and referred to FAM; and decided to relocate to another state.

Hi, I am also facing same situation, my wife H4 was refused stating first cousin marriage is prohibited in IL. But we are not first cousins, we are second cousins. Some misunderstanding happened and VO refused the visa. How we can prove that we are not first cousins.

Hi, am also facing this issue due to misunderstanding of consuler for first cousin marriage. but we are not cousins . please assist me .

Attachments

• Refusal Worksheet.pdf
    389.9 KB · Views: 4
Hi, I am also facing same situation, my wife H4 was refused stating first cousin marriage is prohibited in IL. But we are not first cousins, we are second cousins. Some misunderstanding happened and VO refused the visa. How we can prove that we are not first cousins.
Hi Gowtham, could you please let me know why did you get the concept of cousin here ?