H4 to H1 question

lavanya5191

Hi,

I'm currently in US on H4 which is expiring on 10th Aug,13 and hence applied for H4 extension on 8th July.
Meanwhile my H1B COS is approved on 16th July and H1 I-94 starts from 1st Oct, 13.

1. Can I withdraw my H4 extension petition on or after 30th Sep,13 to remain on H1 status from 1st October so that I can work.
2. what will be my status between 10th Aug and 1st Oct
3. Since I-539 for H4 extension already applied, Is there any way to request USCIS to extend H4 only till 30th Sep,2013.

Please respond ASAP.

H1 Approved but change of status from H4 to H1 denied

I am currently on H4 visa. I had applied for H1b and got selected in the lottery and received the Receipt number. I travelled to India on an emergency during that period.

Today I received the notice stating that my H1b is approved and the change of status from H4 to H1 has been denied since I went out of the country and alos stated that I have to go to consulate in India to get my H1 stamped.

My Questions :
1. Is there any way to re apply for change of status without travelling to India ?
2. What are the chances of getting it approved?
3. How much would it cost to reapply ?

4. If I go to India for stamping what are the chances of getting it stamped ?
5. In case it does not get approved, can I still come back on my H4 ?
6. After coming back can I apply for my H1 again in this year's quota itself ?

Please Advise.

Thanks for the help

Rothi

I-94 Issue

Hello

Below is my case description,

Current Status => H4
Visa Valid Till => 20 Oct 2014
I - 94 => 28 Sep 2013 [ They gave till this date as my Passport is valid only till Sep 2013]

Then I got a new passport and applied for H1. I got the approval notice.

H1's I - 94 => 1 Oct 2013 Till 20 Sep 2016

My question is,

So just for these 2 days (29th and 30th Sep 2013), What are the options do I have?

1) I can approach the local USCIS (field office is located in downtown sandiego) and extend my H4's I-94 for 2 days?

2) I can travel to Canada / Mexico to get the new I-94?

3) Even If I do any one of the above, in the approval notice they stated that the petition and change of status have been approved.
So after 1st October can I start working or do I need to get H1 stamping in my home country to start working?

Please advice