H4 to H1 conversion...plz help

kriativp

Hi,
I was on H1b till July 2009 but was job less for 1yr (from july 2008 to july 2009). so i had to go back and got H4 stamped. Am now in US with H4 status. I want to go for a conversion from H4 to H1b. Is it possible to do now? When i asked my previous employer, he said i need a employee letter for the conversion.

I do no understand, unless i do a job i will not get a employee letter... then how can i apply for conversion?
Should i have to apply for a fress h1 quota?

Kindly suggest.

Regards
KP

You cannot convert to H1B unless and until you have a real, paying job with a legitimate employer. Your sponsoring employer - either old or new - would have to supply you with documents. If your old employer has not withdrawn/revoked/canceled your petition, you would still need documentation for your position. A new employer would have to supply a new approval notice.

Your out of stauts period may become an issue in future immigration processing.

Hello..My Name is Micheal from Nigeria,am presently in America on a K3 visa.married an america citizen.we had our good time,i came out here to america & was only here 2 weeks & got into a domestic Dispute with my spouse,Not even enough time to file my I-485 or even get a SSN..i ended up doing 6 months in the county Jail In the state of california & now facing cancellation and removal. am afriad cos my visa expires october 29th.i dont have notting,my wife was a crazy lady,she burnt all my paper works.. i cant even get a job to be able to hire a Lawyer..Please any one on idea on what i can do to settle this issue?am so scared of getting deported.thank to all