H4 to H1 and H1 extension stamping experience OTTAWA CANADA

gvnsk

Registered Users (C)
First of all thanks everyone for their valuable posts in the form which made our stamping experience an easy one.
Here's our background: Mine H1 to H1 second time stamping in Canada
My wife: H4 to H1 first time H1 stamping. We had 4 paystubs, she was working for the past 4 months.

The port of entry thing was easy in Canada. Why are u going and when u will come back which are standard questions. Show them the appointment letter and passport and you will have to go inside and they will put a stamp on ur passport and ur all set.

Visa interview was at 9:00 am. We went there ar 8:45 (taxi from our hotel in Ottawa downtown to the embassy 7$) and they let us in.

At counter 7 we gave our passports/DS156 (157 for me) and the 100$ fee. We went to that counter together because it is just submitting ur documents so not a big deal.

Then we waited for atleast 20 mins. First my wife was called and almost immediately i was called to another counter.

My wife's interview:
After finger prints she was asked for the employment cotinuation letter (or verification letter).
Off: Was ur education in US?
My wife: No

Off: Did u do Bachelors or Masters
My wife: Masters

Off: Ok everything looks good so u can come and collect ur passport tomorrow.

My wife was still expecting that she would ask degrees or pasystubs and so she stood there. The visa officer informed her that she is all set.

My wife's interview was for 30 secs. They did not ask anything except for the verification letter.

My interview:
After finger prints,
Off: So did you change ur employer
Me: Yes (as i changed my last employer)

Off: Do u have the 797 from that employer
Me: Yes and I showed her that document.

Off: Did someone file a green card petition on ur behalf
Me: yes and i mentioned that my labor was approved.

Off: ur all set and u can come tomorrow to collect ur passport.

Mine was may be for 45 secs or 1 min.

Thats it the interviews were very cool and i did not see any rejections.

H4 to H1 visa stamping

gvnsk,

Our Back grond

Me H1b to H1b
My Wife H4 - H1

I made one appointment for me and my wife as a family member. In the appontment I mentioned my wife is holding H1B. Do you think she needs a separate appointment??

How did u guys do yours?? separate appoinments or one for both?? Thanks for your help in advance.

I have my appointment next week . I can not make any changes now.

Thanks,
Suri Pusuluri

Visa fees

Hi guys,

Me and my wife have an appointment on April 3rd in Ottawa. I just wanted to confirm that we just only have to pay US $100 as Visa fee per application and there is no reciprocity fee.

Both of us changed jobs and have our new I-797 approvals from our respective new approvals. Do we have to take our old I-797 approvals from previous employers

Appreciate the help

Thanks, Sarat

surileo,
I guess you would need to take separate appointments, as each H1B applicant is primary applicant.

Can the visa fee be paid in cash in US Embassy at Ottawa?

Can the visa fee be paid in cash in US Embassy at Ottawa?