H4 stamping in Mumbai .... please help

I140-June2003

Registered Users (C)
I know this question is not appropriate in this forum but I posted in the H Visa forum but nobody replied it & I m regular member of this forum so just thought of asking in my forum.

I want to know what is the procedure for H4 stamping in Mumbai consulate? I have the approval notice with me. What all documents do I have to carry?

I do have the AP1 but that is exp in July & I m planning to visit India in Aug & the AP2 is still pending & recently got the H4 (along with the 7th year ext of husbands H1) approved so thought of traveling with H4 & will stamp it in Mumbai. I hope stamping in Mumbai should not be a problem correct me if I m wrong?? Any views on this are appreciated. So looking for the detail procedure of H4 stamping.

I would appreciate if someone replies with the detail procedure.

Thanks in advance

Its been a long time since, we had to get a H4 stamping... However, in general you should carry the following documents.
1. Your spouse's H1 approval notice. Original if possible otherwise a notorized copy. Take multiple copies.
2. A letter from your spouse's employer saying that s/he is working for them in such and such position since such and such date.
3. A letter from your spouse saying that your are travelling on personal or whaterver reason (vacation, visiting family etc..) and request that they provide you with a H4 visa, so that you can join him/her in US.
4. Of course your Passport
Other documents that might be helpful to have/ in case.
1. Marriage certificate or its notorized copy.,
2. A copy of your spouses passport.
3. A copy of a bank statement.
4. A proof of residence

Also check out US consulate generals website. The application and delivery is done by courier services. You do not have to go to the consulate itself. Used to take 2/3 days about 2 years ago. Need a local address where it can be picked up and delivered. Further detailed information can be found on the Website. http://usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/

Hope this helps, Good luck.

.......R

I do not know about Bombay But in Chennai is worst situation
You need to take appointment. Plan in advance. Carry the photographs of your H1 holders working place. Some photographs of your apartments. (Both in side and outside photographs.)
Carry LCA ,all available tax returns and W2 Or get Tax transcripts. Employment letter, Pay stubs for all this year.
H1 holder copy of passport (All pages) and I-94.

FYI I am enclosing list of documents requested for one of our company’s Employee. It may help you as guideline. Again this is From Chennai.

Thanks a lot for your reply I really appreciate it.

Just on quick question to "tammy2" all these documents were required for passport stamping or for the visa coz i have the visa approval in my hand & just need to do the stamping.

Once again Thanks a lot.

I140-June2003 said:
Thanks a lot for your reply I really appreciate it.

Just on quick question to "tammy2" all these documents were required for passport stamping or for the visa coz i have the visa approval in my hand & just need to do the stamping.

Once again Thanks a lot.

Stamping purpose. Even if you have visa approval, procedure for H4 goes same.