H4 Stamping in Calcutta/Kolkota

Seanior

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
We are from Hyderabad and I could not appointment in chennai, so booked
an appointment at Calcutta consulate for my wife. I have never been to Calcutta/Kolkota, I was wondering if any of you guys who have been to or from that place can share some information on how to get there and where to stay e.t.c. Most likely, we will be travelling by train and looks like there are 2 stations in Calcutta/Kolkota HOWRAH JN and SEALDAH, where to get down and any other information that is needed.

Recently, I have been to Delhi for H1 stamping and due to limited or no knowledge of the city it had been a horrible experience so wanted to be prepared this time.

All your information is sincerely appreciated.

Kind Regards
Seanior

H4 in Kolkatta

I am also in the same situation as you,my wife's appointment date is 27th july,What is your date of appointment and if you can share your experience,that would be great,i got my H1b stamped from kolkotta...be careful with the Cab drivers..they tend to charge a lot.

karthik_77 said:
I am also in the same situation as you,my wife's appointment date is 27th july,What is your date of appointment and if you can share your experience,that would be great,i got my H1b stamped from kolkotta...be careful with the Cab drivers..they tend to charge a lot.

Check the following thread for suggestions by gxr ::
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=172672

Looks like a lot of people are trying Kolkata/Delhi.. maybe we should request the moderators to create a sticky thread for experiences/suggestions.