H4 Revalidation @ SL/DC - Pls help!!!

gansv

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I sent my passport & other required documents for my H1b Visa revalidation 3 weeks ago. During that time, I was still waiting for my wife's H4 extension papers. This week I received my wife's H4 approcal notice(i-797). I did not anticipate the H4 papers to come this soon(Got the H4 approval notice within 40 days from the date of application). Since, I have travel plans only during feb'2004 , I want to send my wife's H4 revalidation to SL/DC.

one of the requirements for H4 re-validation at SL/DC as per BCIS website is..

* If the spouse and/or dependent children are applying for visas separately from the principal alien, submit certified copies of the principal alien’s valid visa and valid I-94 (front and back) in addition to the other listed requirements.*

I know some of my friends have sent the h1/h4 revalidation together and got approved.

In my situation, even though I have valid I-797 for both me & my wife, since I already sent my passport for h1b re-validation and waiting for my h1b stamping, can I still send my wife's H4 revalidation without my VISA being stamped in the passport.

If any one came across this situation or if you have any suggestions, please reply to this forum or you can send an email to ganspups@yahoo.com

Also, can anyone please mail me the phone numbers for BCIS, for enquiring about any h1b/h4 revalidation related queries and to check on the any other status.

Thanks for all your timely help.

Regards
Gans

VALID VISA

Last edited by a moderator:
U can go to notary public & ask him to certify u'r documents copies.If u give him u'r id they'll do it.

thanks for the reply. The doubt I have here is , can i still send my wife's h4 visa to SL/DC for stamping, even though I still do not have my h1b validation completed(i.e the new visa not stamped on the passport)

thanks for your help.

My husband sent his passport for revalidation on july (not received yet)I'm on H4 i have sent my passport on aug 8th and we attached a letter stating the reason for not attacing h1 stamping .But I'm not sure whether it is correct or not..
i have to wait 2 more months to know ????

Thanks for your update. I will post if I find out anything new. I am also planning to write a letter, stating the reason while sending the h4 revalidation documents. Please mail , if you find out any other information. Also, do you know, if there is a phone number for BCIS where we can call and get more information on this.

Thanks