H4 Refusal(221G) - Adminstrative Processing!

sanju_m

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
  Recently my wife has applied for H4 visa and she got a refusal letter(under section 221G) saying it requires some more adminstrative processing, wait till the consulate contacts regarding the visa. It\'s almost 7 weeks and there is no response from consulate. Does any one has an idea of what is this ADMINSTRATIVE Processing and how long it takes.

Thanks,

did ur wife give all the documents required

Hello,

I plan to get married next month and I am concerned after reading ur posting.

1. did ur wife give all the documents required ?
2. Was her USA visa earlier rejected in some other category ?
3. Do u have any issues with your visa stamping .. ?
4. Is the company that sponsored your H1B new ?

Please reply
Thanks

No Title

Hi,
  I had all the documents that are required...
  My visa was never rejected...
  I was always in status
  ya, the company that sponsered my H1B is a new company, in the sense that what ever the stamping that I had on pass port is not the same as this, but my attorney said that what qualified for H4 is I797 and the letter from company..

Hi sanju_m

forget about what your attorney said because chennai consulate has its own rules(stupid ofcourse). according to what you said, ie the stamping on your passport is different than the I797 that you gave for your wife, this itself could have been a problem in not granting the visa.
   let me explain to you my situation about 3 years ago. i was working for a company A and had valid visa stamping. before getting married, i switched to company B. I had all the papers of the new company, letters from employer etc and copies of my passport. I sent my wife for H4. Officials at chennai consulate wanted to see my passport and when they saw my old company visa, they simply put a stamp on it "Cancelled without Prejudice" and gave visa (with company B) and told my wife that I should get visa with company B.
   So I think you should also get stamped with a visa from new company and then get your wife\'s visa. If you are in India, you can both apply together.
   Anyway, this is what I think and hope it will do some help to you.

Goodluck

Finally my wife got the H4 visa

Hi all,
   After eight weeks of getting a 221(g) refusal letter, consulate guys sent a letter to send the passport and visa fee by mail(ofcourse asked not to apply by person). Again they took two weeks for issuing the visa... Finally she got the H4 visa.

sanju_m