h4 processing time at vermont

ange.egr

i am currently holding a f2 visa. my husband started working using his OPT visa last May 08 and got his approved H1 visa late June 08. i then applied for change of visa from f2 to h4 using i-539 filed to vermont office (since we live in VA). the received date written in the acknowledgement letter i got from USCIS was dated AUG 5. my husband's H1 visa will take effect by OCT 1, 2008.

1) if i don't get my approved h4 visa by oct 1, will i be considered out of status despite my pending application with Vermont office? will i be deported?

2) checked vermont office's processing schedules and saw that they're still processing 1-539's dated oct 15, 2007...? in the USCIS site it was stated that it only takes 60 days to process change of visa...what does this crazy oct 2007 date mean?

3) if i am considered out of status after oct 1, 2008 w/o a valid h4 - should i go back to my home country to avoid deportation? will i have problems getting my h4 visa if i do it from my home country?

With receipt for COS petition you are fine. Processing dates are sometimes not updated. You will have no problems with H4 stamping as long as associated H1B is valid.