H4- F1 visa interview question

skoduri

Hello,

I am on H4 Visa and already been pursuing my master's from Spring 2013 on H4 Visa. I received Graduate assistant ship from the fall 2013. So,Planning to convert to F1, going to India. my spouse is already on H1 in USA. No Green Card is applied.

I am wondering what documents do I need to show to prove that I am not "potential Immigrant" to Visa Officer. Please advice.

These documents may be required .
Proof of current status - Copies of passport, I-94 both sides, spouse's passport, I-94, H1 approval notice, spouse's last 2 months pay certificate, copy of marriage certificate, Proof of availability of funds - Original Bank statements from sponsors and letter stating how they will support your expenses, I-20 original, supporting letter from school if possible

Cover letter stating how you have maintained residence in home country and why you want to study/change status.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship with Law Firm.