H2A Visa Interview - what happens?

colink

Hi

What happens during an H2A visa interview?

Are there any forms to complete?

What questions may be asked?

I read somewhere that applicants must be able to read and speak english. If this is correct, how is this measured? How might the reading requirement affect an english speaker with Dyslexia (reading difficulty)?

I would presume that many non english speakers with limited ability to speak and read English would get a visa and hence a Dyslexic English speaker should have little difficulty.

Thanks ColinK

The H2B visa is simple. The candidate for the visa must ahve the forms 156 & 157 filled out with your information as well as the employer sponssoring your visa. The presentation of the I-797 maybe asked as well or the US consulate or US embassy in your country already ahve the paper work from the immigration attonrye that handled the petition .

Most interviewers speak the language in the country where they were designated to work for the US GOVERNMENT.

Be cool in the interview and remembeer that the interviewer is a human being like you and no need to be afraid. If you ahve the necessary links in your country you ahve a good chance to get the visa.

Good luck!

Hi

Thanks for the info.

You suggest applicant can speak a language other than English. Was I wrong about the need to speak and read english?

Have I understood that there are no forms to complete at the embassy / consulate?

Thanks ColinK