H1B with current empl and EAD with another

avi101

Registered Users (C)
I am currently on H1B and also have an EAD after applying for I 485. Now if I continue working full time on H1B for my current employer (who is also my GC petitioner) and take up part-time work on EAD with another employer, would I continue to be on H1B status? Please advise.

avi101 said:
I am currently on H1B and also have an EAD after applying for I 485. Now if I continue working full time on H1B for my current employer (who is also my GC petitioner) and take up part-time work on EAD with another employer, would I continue to be on H1B status? Please advise.
NO

avi101 said:
I asked one lawyer before. He said yes you are still in H-1b.

avi101 said:

I also had the same question and posted in this forum couple of months back, but unfortunately no responses for my posting. :( :(

The difference in my case is I'm on L1 and got EAD after I-140/485 applied through my wife. She is the primary applicant for I-140/485.

My question is can I work part-time on my EAD and work for my primary emplyer full time on my L1? What will happen to my L1 status?

Thanks,
Lokesh

Lokesh..
what does your lawyer say?

UN or jambalakadi or anyone... what do you guys think about these questions?

your h1b status stays unless it has expired or if you leave your primary job in the company who filed for your original h1.

you can use your ead for part time job as long as you maintain your primary job function with your original h1B petitioner.

At one time, you can have only work only with one status, either H1 (Non immigrant) or EAD (immigrant). If you are on H1, it is illegal to work with other employment authorization/employer.

You started working for another employer by filling I-9 form and showing your EAD this means you have used EAD, lost H1b status. Only way to regain H1 status is to leave US on Advance Parole and enter US with new approved H1b.