H1B visa stamping for IMG

iak426

Registered Users (C)
I am doing my J-1 waiver, and presently have H1b status. Previously I was on O-1 visa for couple of years.
I intend to go to Ottawa(Canada) to have H1B visa stamped.

Anyone had recent such experience?

Other than usual supporting documents, any specific requirements?

Will they still add notation of 2 years home country requirement(they did so when I was on O-1) on the visa sticker? while I am in the process of doing waiver job.

Any relevant information is highly appreciated.

Ik

QUOTE=iak426 I am doing my J-1 waiver, and presently have H1b status. Previously I was on O-1 visa for couple of years.
I intend to go to Ottawa(Canada) to have H1B visa stamped.

Anyone had recent such experience?

>>> personally .. NO, but there are many out there.

Other than usual supporting documents, any specific requirements?

>>> i got mine from mexico. they asked for state license, ECFMG certificate, board certificate.
From my friend, they asked for H1 petition also and he got into trouble (stuck in mexico for 2 days). His employer had hand corrected his salary in original H1 petiton, but did not counter-sign it. Petition was approved by the Service center, but US consulate in Mexico noticed it and held his approval. He had to stay in mexico for 2 days, until the confirmation fax directly from Service center reached US consulate.

Will they still add notation of 2 years home country requirement(they did so when I was on O-1) on the visa sticker? while I am in the process of doing waiver job.

>>> no. just the name of your employer.

Any relevant information is highly appreciated.

>>> what do u want?