H1B visa revalidation got returned with nothing done.

tom212

Just to share my "experience" to those who think about revalidate H1B visa in St. Louis.
My H1B Visa revalidation got rejected after 3+ months of waiting. Before I sent, many people already mentioned about BCIS is rejecting many revalidation case with no reason and not to mention application fee is non refundable. When I heard about this, I didn't really think it would happen to those who have have proper documents. In fact, I found that I was wrong after 3 plus months of waiting.

I have been working under H1B visa since 99. I am a 28yr old Chinese from Malaysia (with clean record and legal status). Currently applying for GC (still a long way for the LC review process). My H1B visa stamp on passport expires in Jul 2002. Understood that we can revalidate the visa at St. Louis department as long as it is within 12 months after the expiration date. By meeting all the requirement, I submitted all documents(and notarized copies provided by attorney) to St Louis BCIS department for revalidation in June. Last week, I finally received the envelope back. Guess what, it has NOT been processed and only one note stated "not able to process and need to process at your local US embassy". Nothing has done and not to mention the $100 money order has not been returned.
If this is what most the H1B revalidation will end up about, isn't it better to not have this particular service in US anymore?

Tom..do you manage to get H1B stamped?

Are you planning to travel to Malaysia for stamping?? I'm on the same boat. I have an expired H1B visa with my previous employer. I need to get new H1b stamped. ( I'm a Malaysian indian ) . By the way, I got a friend stuck in Malaysia for last 4 months and he is still waiting for his Visa to be stamped. Do you have any suggestion to get your H1B stamped??

Confused here!

Hi Raja,
I once planned about it but I don't really think I will do so unless it is for family emergency reason. It seems like if I am planning to do the stamping back in M'sia, I will need to wait for no time limit and take the risk of losing my job here. I don't have any suggestion, but if you do not really really really need to leave the country, you better stay.
There is no confirmation on the H1B processing time for M'sian male. Checked with Malaysian US Embassy too. The reply I got from them was "... Unfortunately, 2 weeks to 3 months processing time and there is no time guarantee for how soon you will get the visa stamp process done...".
Thanks.
Tom