H1B Visa Revalidation - Aug 7th, Nogales

asthisk

Registered Users (C)
I have an appt at Nogales, Mexico on Aug 7th for H1b visa stamping (revalidation) at 8:30am.
Planning to fly to phoenix (from san jose, ca) on 5th evening and drive to nogales, az the same night or the next day (6th).

I have the following questions:
Is it ok to get a receipt from banamex on the day of the appt?
If so, when does the bank actually open (9am or 9:30am)?
Is mexican visa or permit mandatory?

Thanks in advance.

H1B stamping in Mexico...

Currently I am also planning to revalidate my H1 visa. Can you please let me know what are all the documents I need to go to Mexico and get it restamped? If possible I will also join with you to Mexico.

Best regards
Rajkumar.

I am just collecting info from the previous threads

Will post it once i have a compiled list.

Sravan

Appointment on AUG 7th in Nogales

I have an appointment in Nogales on AUG 7th 8:00 a.m, I heard that we can get Mexican permit at the border is that true or is it better to get one in US before going to Mexico.

Please Advice.

you do not need a permit. you can just walk across.

vkhan said:
I have an appointment in Nogales on AUG 7th 8:00 a.m, I heard that we can get Mexican permit at the border is that true or is it better to get one in US before going to Mexico.

Please Advice.

I too have appointment on Aug 7th at Nogales. I am very confused whether we need permit for Mexico. Yes BANAMEX bank open at 9AM. i have appointment at 8:30 AM but by the time we get the receipt it will be 9:30. so is it okey if we are in line at 10AM at consulate.

Please clarify.

Hello,

I came to know that its better we get mexican permit because I can't afford to take any risk at immigration. I came to know that few ppl were struck at mexico and it took days to come back. I have contacted a consultant at http://mexicoimmigrationconsultants.com/ who takes care of every thing and charges 450$ to get visa stamped. Any way it costs 110$ for DD and 140$ for Mexican pemit (total around 250$). Since it takes more than 4 weeks to get a permit if we apply in mexican consulate we can't afford to apply now.

This guy from http://mexicoimmigrationconsultants.com/ does every thing(DD, Mexican permit, Travel from boder to consulate, Assitance ) in 10 working days and has an offer that he charges 250$ for the second person if 2 ppl apply. Please let me know if any one is intrested. It comes to 350$ per head if some one joins me.

Every thing to avoid mental tension and safe play :)

Please reply back to my id at my profile.

Thanks.

Folks, plesantly suprised to see a bunch of people headed across the border on 7th. My friend and I also have an 8:30 appointment on 7th august.

Here's our plan: Fly in to Tuscon (phoenix is an option) on sunday from San Jose, ca. Spend the night in Tuscon. The next day, we go across the border, get the bank receipt, take care of bussiness and get back into the US. Return to Tuscon. Next morning, catch the return flight back to San Jose.

Answers to some of your questions: Please note that I am in no way an authority regarding these issues, so use this information at your own risk!

1. The bank is a block away from the consulate and opens at 9am. They will let you in to the consulate until 11am.

2. Permit is leagally required to enter mexico, but is seldom enforced. Pretty much like speed limits on Indian Highways!

3. They return stamped passports starting at 3pm only. So, you need to kill a few hours. To that extent, read # 4

4. Yes, the Tequilla there is really good and cheap! :)

Cheers
NR