H1B Transfer

sandipnm

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I've resigned and relieved from duty from company A and so they may cancel my H1B. My h1B transfer is already filed by another company 'B' and I've joined company B recently. My H1B transfer application has been sent by the company B to the INS very recently. I'm yet to receive the H1 transfer receipt. Now I've got another offer from company C which is more interesting since they have ready project for me which company B is not able to provide so soon. Hence if I want to join company C, can I send them papers for H1 transfer related to company A since I do not have any H1 trasfer receipt from compay B yet? If I send papers related to my H1 with company A and if they select to cancel my H1, will my H1 transfer application with company C can get rejected? Please advise.

Many Thanks

Similar situation - Please HELP!

Hi sandipnm,

I'm in a similar situation, please let me know what happened in your case. Thank you.

Quit company A and joined company B very recently - one week before.

Applied for H1 transfer from company A to company B by Premium processing (CSC). Received a big RFE. Given 80 days time (until middle of September).

Now company C is interested in me, Can I join company C while RFE is still pending? I still don't have any paystubs from company B since they pay monthly.

Can I use company A's paystubs to apply for H1B transfer to company C, totally ignoring about company B's transfer application, RFE, ..??

Will there be any issues/problems? Anyone faced this kind of situation? what was the result?

Hi,

1) U can apply for another H1 transfer if the company A has not cancelled ur H1.
2) Paystubs from company A shall be valid and ok for H1 transfer to company B.
3) Since ur H1 tranfer application for company B is already made hence u r safe but I would suggest joining company C only when ur H1 transfer is approved for company C.

No one replied to my query but I hope my reply helps.

Hi sandipnm,

Thanks for your reply. I have few more questions based on your reply, hope you don't mind.

2) Paystubs from company A shall be valid and ok for H1 transfer to company B. - Did you mean company C (not B)?

3) I'm not sure why you suggest me to wait for approval to join company C? One of the reasons I want to join company C is, I'm not sure what will be the outcome of RFE reply. What if H1 transfer for company B gets denied after RFE reply?

4) Also, what happened in your case? Did you join company C ? Did you have any issues?

Thank you for your help.

Hi,

I am in the same situation. What did you guys do? How would we know that our H1 has been withdrawn?

The company A in my case said that it will with draw; but how can we confirm if it has already happened or if we can take a chance to transfer from A to C.

Please reply. Thanks.

I believe that there shall not be any issue. There are 2 reasons as a rationale behind this:

1) If company A cancels ur H1B, it will take at least 4 to 5 weeks.
2) I'm not sure whether an concept of H1B cancelling is there at first place.
3) If ur receipt number for H1B transfer with company B has come, it might can also mean that u r in status. Hence transfer to company C shall not be an issue.

This is my judgement you may like to check with the attorney. You can ask the attorney of company C to give u advise on the matter.

Hi,

My paystubs from Company A is five weeks old now. Will there be any problem because of this if I apply for transfer to Company C without mentioning about Company B, RFE, ..etc.

Please provide your advice/inputs on this. Thanks in advance.

Don't u have paystub from company B? If yes, u can submit it. If no, then you've to take a chance and stop worrying.

you can also provide them the receipt number of H1 transfer of company B. If you've not received the h1b approval then also you can provide the case number.