H1B Transfer - RFE

srjmk

My H1B Transfer RFE was filed on April 4th, 2019 in Vermont, As per the Processing time as shown below , the Receipt date is as of May 14, 2019

I am trying to understand, Was my case taken up? Would my employed received any updates or What could be the reason?

1568246462850.png

USCIS makes an inquiry called a request for evidence, or RFE, when they require additional evidence to make a decision on a H1B case. You will receive an RFE in the mail or can check online for an outstanding RFE by using the case status tool. The USCIS must have proof of a valid employer-employee relationship. An RFE can be for information about either the beneficiary or the petitioner, or both.

Top Reasons for Delay
1. The Petitioner’s (U.S. Employer) Requirements
2. The Employee’s Lack of Specialized Knowledge.
3. Insufficient Proof of Employer/Employee Relationship
4. Employer Unable to Pay Prevailing Wage
5. Improper Delivery

For detailed explanation visit uscis.gov

Last edited by a moderator:
What should I do the next steps to avoid getting H1B denied or if denied what should i do immediately to avoid been deported

If your employer is reputable, their legal team should've submitted at least the required documentation to minimize an RFE. With an overall increase in RFEs however, the legal team should have the competence to respond with genuine documents. A shady desi body shop or consultancy on the other hand could expect trouble dealing with USCIS.

You don't do anything. H1b is an employer's petition, and they deal with RFEs and processing issues, not you. Your job should be to do the work you've been hired to do.