H1B Transfer denied

spanchagnula

Hi,

I just realized that my H1 transfer is denied to the new employer. I recently moved from X company to Y company in US and Y company is in subcontract to Z Company. So i am working now as a subcontractor at client location and the hierarchy is like this

Client -> Z(primary vendor) -> Y(my employer).

What are my options left?

1. Will i be able to go to the old employer (H1 valid until next year).
2. Can i approach Z company to recruit me and file another H1 transfer?
3. Can my current employer (Y) be able to challenge this denial? (The denial notice is not received yet and hence i can not provide the reason)
4. If filed for MTR, can i continue to work and get paid?
5. some one told me that i can change to F1 and ready to get admission into a school for MBA program. Will it be advisable to try?

Please help me to prepare myself.

Regards
Srini

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

My advice to this would be that to apply for a H1 through a company which has high approval rates again. going through the same petitioner (Y in this case would not help you) so i would suggest you to get a H1 applied through a company confident of approval. one such instance happend to a colleague of mine at work and he applied it through a company who have 100% approval rates according to him and got it approved. My suggestion would be to talk to your Prime vendor (Z in this case) and let them know that you are transferring your H1 and would like the remaining of your contract to be with that company. I can get you the details of the company my colleague got his H1 approved from. Email me at sdhrpplpt@gmail.com if you want this information.