h1b transfer and 485

ursosweet

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends
I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this.
I am a Physician and have finished my j1 waiver with a private group-for-profit.
i am planning to start a new job with new for-profit group. Now because i was initially cap-exempt when i transferred from j1 to h1b, will be now have to be under cap? or will be just like any other h1b transfer and not subject to cap?

also could someone pls. fwd. me a list of reqd. docs. for filing 485.
many thanks

Unfortunately, you cannot transfer your H-1B from a cap-exempt to a cap-subject job unless and until there are available H-1B numbers (which may not occur until October 1, 2008). Since you are stuck for at least another 17 months in a cap-exempt job, you may want to practice in an underserved area, file an NIW and you'll have your green card in 2-3 years.

Stuck in retrogression, processing delays?

Physicians and residents,

Stuck in retrogression, processing delays?

If you're interested in a special interest group, please visit Immigration Voice where a few physicians and residents are in the process of forming a think-tank

Visit http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4817
Requires free signing up. You are encouraged to come forward and connect with "paskal" and "mhb" and other physician members.

Thanking immigrationportal.com in advance for being able to communicate this message.