H1B to L1A conversion

Sandhyabalaji

Hello,

My husband has filed L1A petition and his PA date is on May 4th. He was in US from Jan to May, 2004. From June 2004 to July 2005, he was in London, UK as a Project lead. Then in Sep 2005, he came back to US in H1B and his visa expired in April 2009. He worked as a Project Manager in US. Now he has gone back to India and his company in India, has asked him to apply for L1A and the petition is approved and the PA date is on May 4th. Some people has told him that the managerial experience outside US should atleast within past three years from the date, the L1A is filed. Eventhough he was in H1B, the company identified him a good manager and he was working a PM. Once he gets L1A, he will continue with the same client. Given the scenario, will he go through and get L1A stamped on L1A visa? Your inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sandhya

hello,

I am in the same situation, will you post your experience please.

I am in L1B now and came here before 3.5 years....I have Managerial experience before 3.5 years in India. Now my employer is processing L1A now...petition approved and I am waiting for my PA date now. Any suggestion would be very helpful.