H1B to EAD

kirti13

HI

I was working on H1B with consulting group ,meanwhile I got my EAD through my spouse GC process still I continued to work with the employer with my H1B. Since past 4 months I am not working on any project & also not paid . Now I have got a new full time position with my EAD status . Do I've to cancel my H1B before joining the new employer , since my consulting company may create a problem releasing me?

I'll appreciate your response .

Thank you

if you have used your EAD to work, then your H1B is cancelled. there is nothing for you to do.

I have a similar situation. My H1-B expries Oct 2007.My husband has a H1-B visa as well. We applied for GC together through his work.I applied as a dependent and he is the main beneficiary of the employment based GC. The I-140 has been approved. We are waiting for I-485 approval. The priority date is Jan,2004.

Is my best option to get an EAD to continue to work after Oct2007? Do I require any visa?

Thanks,

Yes you can join other company

Kirti,

You can join the new job using EAD. Your current employer is the one who should cancel an H1B and not you. Current employer should not be able to trouble you because they did not pay you for lost four months. If they do, they they will have to pay back wanges for all the four months as per the law.

If you think, you got a good offer take it and don't think too much.

USWorker,

If you have not completed 6 years on your H1B by Oct 2007, then you can extend it through your current employer. But, it is always safe to work on EAD because there are no restrictions about Salary and etc on EAD.

If you have completed 6 years by Oct 2007, then only choice you would have is to change to EAD to continue woriking.