H1B Status current, Applied for AP, Left US for vacation,H1B visa application got 221(g) Geen slip

kpppppp

Registered Users (C)
I am in Research work not in IT. Have been in similar research since last 6 years. Have Masters from US. Applied for GC (principle applicant) about 4 years ago. Last AP expired in Jan 2010. H1B status is good till July 2011.

Applied for AP a week before leaving US. H1B stamping (Mid December) went to some verification and delay (Form 221(G) was handed to me to submit details about my research and resume etc.

AP may get approved by mid FEB. I am stuck in India. H1B background verification may take months. Can I use my AP that will be approved in a month or so and enter US without any issues or abandoning my 485 ?

If I can, I hope I can still keep my H1B status and will apply for extension so that I do not have use my EAD.

Any thoughts or help will be appreciated.

Good luck with your AP getting approved.
Fact: You are not supposed to leave the country when AP is pending. If you do, USCIS cancels your application.

Fact: Lots of people have received AP approval after they left the country on a pending application. And have returned using the AP successfully. Most of them don't have a 221(g) on an H1B visa pending.

If your AP is approved, you can try to get back using that. But remember your case will be complicated... H1B pending inquiry etc.