H1B Stamping with status Change from F1 to H1B

apa_samy

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone please help me out with this problem.

I came to US 2001 Jan to do my Masters in Computer Science. I am almost done with my MS and just have to defend my thesis to graduate. I will be defending some time in the middle of 2005. I got a full time job and company has filed for my H1B.

I have bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering from India but will not have my MS degree in Computer Science from US when i go for VISA stamping.

I am getting married in the month of March 2004 and have to go Inida and I am very afraid to go for stamping in India-Chenna. I have the following question and I need your help.

1) I am moving from F1 to H1B status. Can I get my VISA stamped in Canada or Mexico or should I have to go to India?
2) If I can get stamping other than India then which country is the best probable place to get my H1B stamped (Canada, Mexico or India)?
2) Whether not having a degree in US will hamper my chance of H1B Stamping in Cananda/Mexico (I still do have transcripts and can get a letter from school)?
3) Where can I find the help to prepare documents that I need to provide to the consulate?
4) What are the issues that I need to be very carefull about?
5) Can I still get back to US with my valid F1 VISA if case of my stamping gets rejected?

Please can someone help me out.

I would advice to go and come back on ure student visa. I was in the same boat. I will going for my stamping too in december.Once ure h1 is approved ure student status ends.
talk to ure international student office
Are u on OPT?