H1B stamping in Delhi

gjais

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,

I was wondering if someone can share their personal experience that they had recently while getting a H1B visa stamp on their passport in Delhi.i am planning to go there pretty soon and any information would be very useful.

Thanks

I would be interested as well

especially if anyone has been to Delhi after the last law change where in, every candidate has to be appear in person. What docs, Qs and/or tips on the re-validation.

I got my passport stamped in Delhi this January. I had to appear for an interview as I was getting my status changed from F1 to H1-B.
I thought the process has been streamlined alot. I remember days in 1996 when I stood in the line at 5:00 in the morning to wait for my turn to get in. I got an appointment from web and showed up 15 minutes before my appointment. The consulor did ask me couple of questions on what I did in school and how my education is helpful in my current job.

But again I went in January which was before the law change.

Hope this helps.

Does everyone need to schedule an interview? Can one schedule on the web after having decided the dates of travel. For example, if I reach India one week, I can plan and setup the interview today itself for next week?
How does the proecess work for H1B visa re-validation?