H1B stamping in Canada

ash1234

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I just took an appointment for H-1B stamping in Toronto for last week of Jan. The appointment letter says that beginning 1st Jan, 2004 it will take 3 working days to get the passport back.
I was wondering if this rule applies to Toronto only or all consulates in Canada. If anyone has a appointment in any other consulate in Canada in jan can you please let me know what it says on the appointment letter.
Thanks

I have appointment in first week of Jan. I will let you know once I am through with that....

BTW, appointment letter says same i.e. "beginning 1st Jan, 2004 it will take 3 working days to get the passport back"

Last edited by a moderator:
i have an appointment in Ottawa on 1/5/04. The appointment letter says "Beginning January 1, 2004, the consular section will no longer be able to return approved visas on the same
day. After that date, due to database checks, all visas may take up to three working days to be processed to
completion."

unsycus/sdrblr

Did you have your interview at the consulate in Canada. How long will it take to get the passport back.

Thanks

Stamping in Ottawa

Stamping in Ottawa
First of all

THANKS TO ALL THE MEMBERS IN THIS FORUM who gave me lots of info.
I am typing this in Ottawa. Mine was H1 - F1- H1.
Today I had the interview at 10 AM in US Embassy. I went there around 9:30 AM. I was asked to pay $100 and the cashier took my 156, 157 and i-797.
Within 10 minutes i was called for interview and it lasted for less than 3 minutes. First she took my finger prints and then asked for the original employer verification letter. She dint ask or check any other docs. She told they have to keep the emp verification letter, 156,157 forms. She returned my I-797.

She asked me to go pay $ 50 for visa fee and come pick up the visa afternoon at 3PM.
I was out of embassy in 20 minutes.

I had filled the 156 form online like 20 days back...looks like this helps...all that they have to do is scan the bar code and view the info. I guess they check the info well in advance and flag the application if they have any questions.

Even though the appt letter told it might take 3 days to issue visa...i saw most of the people who had interview around 10 AM ..collecting PP at 3PM..looks like most of them will get PP back the same day....unless something comes up against your SSN or name or something.
Thanks again for the forum for helping me with the info...

Let me know anybody needs any info from me

Last edited by a moderator:
sdrblr

Conngrats.....

ash1234

I have appointment on 8th. I will update the thread once I am done.

H1b Stamping in Canada by Car

Hi,

I have been in US from over 5 yrs, last 2 years on H1b status, did not got my h1b stamped since my visa changed to from f1 student visa to h1b. In few months I will be travelling to Toronto by car.

I have multiple entry visitor visa for Canada.
At Canadian Border by road, would I be asked to show return visa for usa? My F1 Visa has expired 6 months back and I have valid H1b approval notice.
In addition, I changed my employer and have approval with new H1b status.

I plan to get my US Visa stamped in Canada. Or Should Take the Interview date at US consulate before ? Are Canadian border security ask me for an interview letter?

Please advice.

VA

Hi,
I am Indian National in Canada on Work Permit since 18 months, have approved H1B petition but never stamped. Can I get first H1B stamped in Canada ? What are the risks or possibility of denial ?
Any experiences, please share.
Thanks in advance.