H1B Stamping in Canada

r_sada

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,
i have my H1 valid till jan 2006.
My visa stamp in passport expired in Sept 30,2002.
Ever since i have not traveled outside the country but maintained valid visa status,
Due to the GC whirlpool i was postponing my trips
Question is can i go to Canada and get my Visa re-stamped in pass port
i would have to travel to Paris for business in March/April
any links to canadian appointments will help as well

/S

From my knowledge, you cannot get visa stamped in any country unless you have some kind of a "permanent resident" status in that country. In this case, you would need PR status in Canada to stamp visa in Canada. Looks like you will have to go to your home country and get your visa stamped there.

Can re-enter US if your stay in other country is less than 30 days

You can go outside US and re-enter again if your stay outside US is less than 30 days even if your current H1 is not stamped on your passport.

But you surely have very less chances of getting your visa stamped in Canada unless you will be going to Canada to work thru your US employer for a temporary assignment or a project.

H1B extention got more than 6 years

Hi,

my h1b is going to end march-2006, but I got h1b extention upto August-2007. This is a regular extention and wondering whether I should notifiy INS about the mistake they did. I was wondering whether I can keep the extra year and half month worth of h1b time. My labor got applied recently, but this is not a 7th year extention, because lawyer didn't applied for it yet.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated..

Thank you
RK