H1B Stamping at Nogales Mexico

apatil

H1B Stamping at Nogales Mexico 27 Mar

Hi All,

We are going for visa stamping to Nogales on Monday 27MAR2006. Is anyone else going there on same date? I would be nice to know someone in the unknown land. :)

Thanks
Pat

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you please post your experience

Can you please post your experience after you guys are back?

The most important thing is what did you do about the DD? Did you get the DD already from Banamex or you are going to get it on the same day before going into the consulate?

I have an appointment on April 3rd, so I will be looking for your response.

All the Best Patil

I have the appointment on April 3rd 2006. I took help of Victor Garcia to get the Banamex check in Advance. Will be driving to Nogales from Phoenix on Sunday night- stay at Best Western ($62 per night). Crossing over to MX on 3rd morning. Hope all goes well. :) :rolleyes:

We had our stamping done yesterday. Was very easy. We were in line at 7:30am and done by 9:15 AM. The Questions- Where do you work? what do you do? Is your company applyinmg for Immigration( I am getting my final year). We stayed in Best Western in Nogales, AZ($80). The owner is a nice Desi man. The cab from Nogales border to Consulate takes $7(US)(Tell him $7 when you hire the cab). It took 10 Minutes. Stand in Line outside. One person will come and check for papers. If we are missing any, he will give us the form. We had to Fill DS-158. They wont let us take any Electonic stuff inside. There is a Stall person(Looks like typical Desi chai stall) nearby who will hold the bags for us if needed, Give him a dollar and "mUcha Garcias" (Thank you very much) to him, he will be happy.

Had to wait till 3pm to the PP. If you are a Vegetarian. You have to walk to the Peter Piper Pizza place to get a veggie Pizza. Note- No one speaks english. Do your homework on Spanish.

Out of all H1 Interview- One person got a "Name check". His name matched with some one on black list. So he had to stay back in Nogales. Be mentally prepared. Another person trying to get F1 to H1b had to return back with a visa as he was a major in Micro Biology.

Let me know if anybody else need any info. meherkn@hotmail.com I had to do a lot of R/D just to be comfortable. Hope this info will be helpful to someone.