H1B question

rsushma

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I have a situation here.I was working in India till 3 months before.And in July 2004 a US company said OK to sponser my H1 and they applied in July 2004.But unfortunatly NSC was slow and we got couple of queries.And I have not got an approval yet.

But in between I got married and came to US on H4.

Its exactly 11 months since I applied for my H1 and not got any approval yet.Now my question is if at all I get H1 approval.Can I start working rightaway ? Or should I go to India and get a H1 stamping ?

I am here on H4 and I have I-94 till March 2007.Do I need a new H1 visa stamped ? or am I OK to work with just the approval ?

Great guru can you help me ? Or anyone else ?

Thanks

Rather very strange that your company got a couple of queries for this position and still not approved even after 11 months.... :confused: :confused: :confused:
How do you know if you H1b is not approved ???? It cant take more than 11 months???

Make sure you file an amendment to your existing I129 petition.... update that to reflect your current h4 status ..... You should be fine after that... make sure you do this ASAP.... no need to travel outside the country to get stamp since you are here on a valid H4 visa

rsushma said:
Hi

I have a situation here.I was working in India till 3 months before.And in July 2004 a US company said OK to sponser my H1 and they applied in July 2004.But unfortunatly NSC was slow and we got couple of queries.And I have not got an approval yet.

But in between I got married and came to US on H4.

Its exactly 11 months since I applied for my H1 and not got any approval yet.Now my question is if at all I get H1 approval.Can I start working rightaway ? Or should I go to India and get a H1 stamping ?

I am here on H4 and I have I-94 till March 2007.Do I need a new H1 visa stamped ? or am I OK to work with just the approval ?

Great guru can you help me ? Or anyone else ?

Thanks