H1B Multiple Stamping in Chennai/DS-157 Question

haris44

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Am applying for H1B multiple stamping in Chennai. Am F1-OPT-H1B. I have never been out of status9F1 expired in Aug 2001). I have all documents (H1b, LCA, tax returns,bank statement, photos,brochure..etc) in order. I am going first week of March for only 15 working days. Will it be enough for processing through drop-box? This is my first time, so have to do it outside USA. I am kinda scared coz of so many delays at Chennai. Please let me know.

Also on DS-157, there is a question " DO u have any speciality skills/training including firearms,etc..?"

-Since I am H1B speciality worker, what whould I write? YES and then explain my skills. or just NO.

Thanks
Hari.

Hi Hari,
Nowadays its taking some extra time at the Chennai consulate, also they are doing so many security checks as well as delay visa even for right candidates. If you get caught in any of these issues, definitely you have to wait plenty of time before you receive the visa. This is based on personal experience (refer to my other posts) and also from others.
Are you outta your mind to declare "Yes" to a question that asks for training in firearms? Even if you have skills dont do that, that'll automatically lead to denial of your visa.
Venky