H1B holder and married to US citizen

aka_ForrestGump

Hi Guys,

I am on a H1 B visa and am married to a US citizen and am thinking of applying for AOS application thru family based petition which my wife wants to sponsor for me. But my wife does not work and is still going to college. How can she sponsor me and provide all the tax documents etc. that INS needs since she doesnt have those. And we dont have anyone else who can be a joint sponsor. Infact, my income can suffice for the purpose of sponsorship but its stated that I cannot sponsor myself. Also I read somewhere that my assets can be used as well to meet the minimum requirement guidelines. The instructions are a little fuzzy. Does anyone know exactly what needs to be done in such a case.
Thanks

Don't know for sure... but I think she can file back taxes (even if she doesn't own any tax). Also, your assets/income maybe counted if you have been living together for over 6 months?

you can consider your income in a HouseHold income, i did the same way. you have to add form I-864A with I-864(Aff. of support) .. Well , i am still waiting for my AOS interview.