H1B/H4 revalidation

firasatali

Hi,

I was working for company A with h1b/h14 visa validity till apr 2005. we got h1b/h4 visa stamped on our passports from company A which is valid till apr 2005. now i have joined company B and they processed my h1b/h4 visa and it got approved last month.

Can anyone please let me know how much is the grace time period to stamp h1b/h4 visa our passports. i am planning to send h1b/h4 papes for stamping in jan 2005.

please advice.

fir

firasatali said:
Hi,

I was working for company A with h1b/h14 visa validity till apr 2005. we got h1b/h4 visa stamped on our passports from company A which is valid till apr 2005. now i have joined company B and they processed my h1b/h4 visa and it got approved last month.

Can anyone please let me know how much is the grace time period to stamp h1b/h4 visa our passports. i am planning to send h1b/h4 papes for stamping in jan 2005.

please advice.

fir

Revalidation will come to an end on July 6, 2004. You will have to visit your home country for stamping.

Getting your passports stamped with the new visas is not essential as long as you preserve the Original Approvals and do not travel out of the US.

As Jharkhandi has mentioned, the revalidation ends July 6, 2004.

You could get your passports stamped on the next visit to your home country.

javangulas

the revalidation period had been extended by the INS till 16th of July,earlier it was July 6th. You can send your passports for stamping before that period.

h4revalidation

My h1/h4 visas expired in Feb this year and I sent them for extension; got approved and came back; i have another year on my h1 before completing my 6 years period.
In the meanwhile we got our EAD's approved and I used the EAD to get an SSN for my wife, now the question is, whether to send the h4 for revalidation or just send h1? What happens to the h4 once we got the EAD and used it?

thanx.

Yes the revised date is July 16,04.

javangulas said:
What happens to the h4 once we got the EAD and used it?

Once your wife uses her EAD to work,then her H4 does not matter.Incase your I-140 is denied, she will be out of status but legally present till her new I-94 expires.

Need help for revalidation

Hi to every one,

I need information for revalidation of VISA. My H1-B transfer just got approved with my wife's H4. Now can some one tell me for revalidation what I need to do? Or from where I can get all the information? As I understand that I need to send my paper work before 16th of July.

Thanks for all your help.

Raj