H1B -> GreenCard & Marriage to non US citizen

GC_subsc

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,
I am fairly new to the forum, and have been trying to read up on all your experiences. I previously posted in the Family-Based immigration forum and was advised to post in the GC through employer forum since the process and timeframes are different.

There are some things I find similar in this forum to my case, but there are many nuances, so I am not sure if I understand the process right.

Can you please give me some advice on the following:
Facts:
1) I am (an Indian citizen and) a current H1B holder, and my employer has agreed to sponsor my GC
2) I recently got engaged, my fiance is in India (he too is an Indian Citizen). He has a 10yr multiple entry visitors visa to the US.
3) We plan to get married around August of next year (2006).

Questions:
1) What is the best and fastest way for my fiance to be added on to my GC application? (He prefers not to come on a H4 because he won't be able to work on that visa).
2) My GC process hasn't even begun yet (just finalized the job ad - the recruiting efforts are yet to begin).
3) Since neither of us are US citizens, I believe we don't qualify for the K visa status to bring over a fiance from India to the US. We need to be married in order for him to come here as part of the GC. Is this correct?
4) Is there a certain stage at which it is better to be already married and file our GCs together rather than file for the "follow-to-join" method?
5) If so, I dont know what that is or which stage of the GC process this is.

PLEASE HELP ME. Your advice is greatly appreciated. P.S. - I have a lawyer who is really inefficient, and hasn't budged on the process since Jan 05! Hence, I am depending on this forum for all my answers.

Thanks very much. Look forward to hearing from one and all
Nayantara