H1B filing without I767 but Waiver Approved by USCIS

vikas_shimla

Hi
I have a question regarding my H1B petition. I was in US on J1 visa and had the 2 year HRR requirement. I applied for a waiver and got a approval from USCIS on Jan 2010. Now what went wrong was that I had listed my Indian address as the communication address; and as USCIS does not mail the letters to foreign address I never got the I767 with approved status. When I check my online status the status shows that I have been granted a waiver.

Now my employer has filed my H1B on the basis of the USCIS receipt number and case status update from the USCIS website case status update. I might have to apply for a duplicate copy of my J1 waiver I767 and that will take some time like 1-2 months. Does the H1B filing process require the hard copy of the I767 for approving the H1B petition or the case receipt number will be sufficient. The receipt number is a case tracking number with USCIS, so will that be sufficient ????

Maybe you can call USCIS to see what they can do for you. If they can send it out to you now, it will save a lot of time.

Everything about your cases will be consolidated into one folder, labeling your A#. The computer also can show all your visas and related documents.
The other day, when my husband and I went to one interview, on their table, all my filing were there in one folder. They put my A# into their computer, everything showed up, even my two A#s. They made mistake by giving me two different A#s, and now they consolidated all into one.