H1B filed in August- regular

Hi jasukira,
What additional evidence was required? I have received a request to submit documents explaining how is my background(chemical engg) is relevant to a software job and why does the company need a masters' degree for this position?

I still have to reply to it. It usually takes between 3-4 weeks from the date they receive the additional requested docs.

Docs nature not revealed.

Hi patkt,

When i contacted my employer they have mentioned that the docs for additional information is clarifying companies details something like that....therz nothing pertaining to things which i'am to be involved. Should i know it clearly...they said they have submitted the docs at the office.

Regards,
Jasukira

My updated status:

patkt->Applied Aug12->RFE received Sep13->INS received response on Dec 9

H-1 Applied on Aug 11,05

harimena said:
Hi all!
My H1B was filed on Aug 8 2005(regular). And am waiting for an approval.
Let me know from all who filed their H1B in July/August and your USCIS status changes. Has anyone applied for premium processing? Lets all join to know more information from our experiences.

Harimena

I too file on August 11,05.Till now i haven't heard anything but the USCIS site shows processing is going on for Aug 6,05.Has Any one applied before or after this date and got approved.please let me know.

Got Approval!!!

Hi All,

My case details are as follows:

Applied on : Aug 9th(H4-H1B Regular)
Received RFE: Nov 21
Updated on : Dec 8th(INS received docs)
Approved on: Dec 20

Good Luck to all!!!

Does USCIS updated as per your approval?

Hi Sonalika,
Congrats for your approval. Hope you'll have smooth flow form here. I would like to know whether USCIS web site updated your case as Received Docs...and then ....to approved. What i see is my lawyer says they submitted docs 3weeks back but still i do not see even received update from the site.

Happy waiting to the rest

sonalika said:
Hi All,

My case details are as follows:

Applied on : Aug 9th(H4-H1B Regular)
Received RFE: Nov 21
Updated on : Dec 8th(INS received docs)
Approved on: Dec 20

Good Luck to all!!!

Hi Jasukira,

My Lawyer responded to RFE on DEC 6th and on Dec 8th the status got updated saying ,we have received the documents................
and on Dec 20th my case is approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sonalika,
Congratulations to you!!! Can you please tell me what was your RFE regarding?
I have received an RFE that how is my educational background related to the position and why is masters' degree required for the postion?

Thanks
patkt

My case has been approved too! :)

Filed on: June 23rd

RFE received: Oct 21st

RFE reply received by USCIS: Dec 5th

Approved: Dec 16th.

Now just waiting to get the approval papers ?

Does anybody have an idea about consular appointments in Mumbai ? The current dates are in May, any luck with getting earlier dates ?

H1B Approved!! Finally got my H1B approval papers.

H1 applied: Aug 12, 2005
RFE received: Sep 13, 2005
RFE replied: Dec 9,2005
Approved on: Dec 23,2005.

Good luck to everyone!

I'm coming back to this site after a long gap, wanted to update my status...

harimena -H4 to H1B Aug 8 (regular) -> Approved Nov 21
varadan73- H4 to H1B Aug 10 (regular) -> Approved Nov7
patkt - H1 August 13 RFE received: Sept 12, 2005
map - H4-H1 applied in July 5 -> Pending
tulc_331 - L1B-H1B on Aug 10 (regular) -> Upgraded to premium on 20-Oct -> RFE on 26-Oct -> RFE response on 25-Nov -> Approved on 2-Dec
Latha ->H4-H1 August 9 ->Pending
jasukira - New H1 - India(Chennai) - RD: Aug-11-2005 - Status: Pending - Last Updated : Nov-08-2005

Got Approval on March 1st

Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestions and clarifications finally i got my approval on march 1st. Below is my update flow:

New H1 - India(Chennai) - RD: Aug-11-2005 - RFE: 28th Nov - Documents Submitted: Jan 18th 2006 - Approved 1st March 2006.

I have a question on behalf of my friend, His status is as below:
New H1 - India(Chennai) - RD: Aug-11-2005. But till date there is no change in his status. on contacting his employer, they said that his h1 did not get into current quota and that it will be considered automatically the next quota.
I would like to have your advice on this. Is it true that he need not apply again for 2006? will it be considered in the comming quota as suggested by his employer?

Please clarify at your convenience.

Regards,
JASUKIRA