h1b extention question

rk1982

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

my h1b is going to end march-2006, but I got h1b extention upto August-2007. This is a regular extention and wondering whether I should notifiy INS about the mistake they did. I was wondering whether I can keep the extra year and half month worth of h1b time. My labor got applied recently, but this is not a 7th year extention, because lawyer didn't applied for it yet.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated..

Thank you
RK

rk1982

I think you have to volunterly inform INS or take necessary steps to comply with the H1-B rules, even though by mistake if they approve over period more than 6 years, my understanding was its your responsibility to maintain your stauts in comply with INS rules and regulations. I was in same situvation before

Sri
214-893-5995

Filing for 6-th and 7-th year extension together.

Hi, Can somebody help me make with this?

I have been on H1-B visa from Oct 2000. My first company had filed an H1-B for me from Oct 2000 to Oct 2003. But i switched my employers and joined a another company in Dec 2002. So the new company applied the new H1- B from Oct 2002 to Oct -2005. My H1-B expires in Oct-2005 and i have one more year left on my regular H1. My company had started my GC labor certification process in September 2004.

So my question is will i be able to file for an H1-B extension for both the 6-th and 7-th year now. My labor certification will be pending for 365 days in September 2005. SHould i wait until Spetember 2005 tofile for my H1-B extension for 6-th and 7-th year together?

Please suggest what would be my best option?

Thanks very much.

rk1982 said:
Hi,

my h1b is going to end march-2006, but I got h1b extention upto August-2007. This is a regular extention and wondering whether I should notifiy INS about the mistake they did. I was wondering whether I can keep the extra year and half month worth of h1b time. My labor got applied recently, but this is not a 7th year extention, because lawyer didn't applied for it yet.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated..

Thank you
RK

rk1982

If you have already Applied for LC and is Pending for Over a Year THen YOu could use the 7th year Extension Based on the Extra 1 1/2 you have got. See on your H1 Renewal if your Attorney has requested upto Aug 2007 and if it is you don't need to File for 7th Extension.