H1B extension stamping and GC

psgo

Registered Users (C)
Is any one familiar with the below details...
One of my friends had been for his H1B extension stamping to Tijuana/Mexico.
He was told that his case has to be put on hold to get some background checks based on section 221g ( for back ground check), his DS-156/DS-157 forms and Pass port photocopies were kept by the consulate.
His current visa although expired was not cancelled.
He was told that Tijuana consulate is the only one which can revalidate his visa after the necessary background checks and he cannot go else where to get his revalidation.

At he US border he was let inside US, based on the letter from the consulate stating that his case is on hold because of 221g and seeing that he has the current visa papers, he was thoroughly checked however.
He still has his original I-94 ( the one he got the last time he entered US) and his visa ( I-129 etc)papers from the company he works for.

Within 15days of the above, his case was approved for visa stamping and he got a call from the consulate saying he can go and get his stamping done any day (M-F) at 10:30AM and he was given a phone number to call if he has any Questions.

Can one ignore such a call from the consulate, if the person no longer needs visa stamping ( his company has applied for his
I-485 and he is thinking of waiting for his AP to travel instead of Visa revalidation)

Are there any pros and cons of choosing to ignore the above anything that would affect his GC process etc.

Any information would be help...

psgo said:
Is any one familiar with the below details...
One of my friends had been for his H1B extension stamping to Tijuana/Mexico.
He was told that his case has to be put on hold to get some background checks based on section 221g ( for back ground check), his DS-156/DS-157 forms and Pass port photocopies were kept by the consulate.
His current visa although expired was not cancelled.
He was told that Tijuana consulate is the only one which can revalidate his visa after the necessary background checks and he cannot go else where to get his revalidation.

At he US border he was let inside US, based on the letter from the consulate stating that his case is on hold because of 221g and seeing that he has the current visa papers, he was thoroughly checked however.
He still has his original I-94 ( the one he got the last time he entered US) and his visa ( I-129 etc)papers from the company he works for.

Within 15days of the above, his case was approved for visa stamping and he got a call from the consulate saying he can go and get his stamping done any day (M-F) at 10:30AM and he was given a phone number to call if he has any Questions.

Can one ignore such a call from the consulate, if the person no longer needs visa stamping ( his company has applied for his
I-485 and he is thinking of waiting for his AP to travel instead of Visa revalidation)

Are there any pros and cons of choosing to ignore the above anything that would affect his GC process etc.

Any information would be help...

Even my case got rejected in mexico please help me ....with more details but my officer said that i hav eto go home country to get the stamping ... please advise