H1B extension query - asked to submit Original Degree docs

asrkreddy

I filed for my H1B extension last July. I got a query from INS that i need to submit my degree and marks memo Originals to them. If i submit these docs to them do they return them back. I talked to my lawer and they say that i don't have an option except to submit Originals and they say that any documents submitted to the INS are not returned. Do i need my originals if i go to stamping.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
asrkreddy.

What happened?

asrkreddy,

Just curious what happened to your case? Did you submit? Was this extension for the first time? I mean 3rd year OR 6th year?

asrkreddy said:
I filed for my H1B extension last July. I got a query from INS that i need to submit my degree and marks memo Originals to them. If i submit these docs to them do they return them back. I talked to my lawer and they say that i don't have an option except to submit Originals and they say that any documents submitted to the INS are not returned. Do i need my originals if i go to stamping.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
asrkreddy.

it's not a good thing when they ask for original docs...but i read somewhere (this forum or somewhere else) that after the petition is decided upon, you can request CIS to return your documents...check with your attorney...