H1B Extension Denied

gutta_99

Hi,

My company has files for a h1b extension and an rfe was sent for which we replied. Now the case is denied and my I94 also expired long time back while the case is pending. what are my options now.

Can i start working if we open an MTR and file a new H1B with a new company and get the receipt ?

My company attorney said that its a waste to open an mtr since there is no way i can work even if i do that

I have an Approved I-140. Can i apply for 485 if the priority dates change even though my H1B is denied ?

Please help

Thanks,
Satish

You are receiving advice from an attorney. Listen to him rather than seek advice from a forum. The attorney knows the specifics of your case and situation including details that are important and you are unlikely to provide on a public discussion.

My company has files for a h1b extension and an rfe was sent for which we replied. Now the case is denied
My company attorney said that its a waste to open an mtr since there is no way i can work even if i do that

I suspect it's the lawyer's fault that the EOS was denied (he probably put something wrong in the reply to RFE), and that's why he doesn't want to file MTR - to cover his own mistake!

IMO there's no harm in filing MTR in your situation; if the lawyer persists, you may need to look for another.

If you are still facing this problem

please contact my company, I recently joined with them because of H1 extension with my previous company. they solved it quickly

if you still having same problem let me know may be I can give few suggestion based knowledge I gained becasue extensive consulting I did with reputed laywers when I had problem wiht My h1 extension