H1B Extension before the current visa expires..

kumara99

Hello,

My visa expires by the end of december 06. I am planning to extend my visa like in the Month of november 06 before my old one expires. i am planning to go to Nogales,MX.

My Question are...

1.Is there any time frame to go to visa before the current one expires like 2 months or 1 month or 15 days before only to go to extension before current one expires...

2.If there is a query on my new visa still can i come back with my Old visa or not before the old visa expires....

Please guide me in the right direction....

Thanks a lot in advance....

Alluri....

Visa Queries

My visa expires by the end of december 06. I am planning to extend my visa like in the Month of november 06 before my old one expires. i am planning to go to Nogales,MX.

My Question are...

1.Is there any time frame to go to visa before the current one expires like 2 months or 1 month or 15 days before only to go to extension before current one expires...

---- NO, there is no time period. Even if you do not get your visa stamped on your Passport you can continue your stay in US and also do your job till the validity period of your I-797 and attached I-94

2.If there is a query on my new visa still can i come back with my Old visa or not before the old visa expires....

---- Normally, NO, you will not be permitted to reenter US even with your old visa if there is a query on your visa application of the date of interview

Subramanya