H1b extended 3 years but visa stamped for 1 year

nsb

Registered Users (C)
I am in my 7 th year h1b and I-140 got approved and I got 3 years of h1 extension. I went to Nogales, Mexico for stamping but instead of 3 years visa I have got only 1 year. After talking to VO he told me after the 6 years you will get only 1 year extensions. Is that true, any guys in the same situation or it is only to do with Nogales consulate.

I have talked to company attorney he told me that state department hasn't implemented 3 years visa rule after 6 years.

Please share your experiences..

nsb said:
I am in my 7 th year h1b and I-140 got approved and I got 3 years of h1 extension. I went to Nogales, Mexico for stamping but instead of 3 years visa I have got only 1 year. After talking to VO he told me after the 6 years you will get only 1 year extensions. Is that true, any guys in the same situation or it is only to do with Nogales consulate.

I have talked to company attorney he told me that state department hasn't implemented 3 years visa rule after 6 years.

Please share your experiences..

No, that's not true. This is another example of a clueless government official screwing up legal immigrants. Whether its DOL, USCIS or State Department, incompetence of an average employee there is staggering at best.