H1B expires in June 2001, GC app. went "down the drain" - please help... (more)

Zeynep Kurmus

My husband has been working for a company for the past 5 years, and his H1B expires on June 2001. The company had applied for a greencard (November 1999) but has recently been "sold" to another company.

The assets of his company were sold, which meant that the employees resigned and signed new contracts with the new company. My husband is still on the payroll of the old company, but only for the next few months.. The new company now tells us that our GC app has been voided, and we have to start from scratch... which means we have to leave the US in June 2001, cuz his H1 (which is in the process of being transferred) expires then...

Any suggestions??? Please help...

Thank you in advance,

Zeynep

No Title

I have pretty much same situations like yours, if your I140 approved then your attorney need to send a letter to the INS about the new company.
Post your e-mail address then we can talk privatly our situations.
Jeff

No Title

I am also in the same boat.(my company is going to be sold to a different company in another two weeks) and i have exactly one year left. So let me know too.

No Title

Hi I am in the same situation. My H1 expires in Sep 2001, and I am in a new company. Will I be able to extend my H1 if I apply for a new GC thro the new company now??? Please Help!

No Title

if you apply now, by sEp 2001, your PD will not be 365 days old and hence you will not be able to extent your H1 beyond ..
but you might be able to file another H1 after oct 2001.. check with your attorney