• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

H1B - DV and CP

soniasingh

Registered Users (C)
PLEASE HELP!!!

I am on H1B Visa. I won DV2003. I sent my package to KCCDV. They sent me a letter saying I may be eligible for AOS and should contact INS. When I contact INS, they asked me to come back in October 2002. Then I can file I-485.

But my GC is being processed from my current employer too. Labor has been approved and I-140 and I-485 will soon be filed.

My questions:

1) Can I file for I-485 (DV) and I-485 (through employer)? Or should I withdraw/cancel one for the other?

2) I saw in this forum that CP is faster than AOS. But if KCCDV suggested for AOS, can I still go for CP?

3) Do I need to submit my health-report during I-485 filing from DV side. I was suggested to wait until the case is accepted by INS and then submit the health-report.

Sonia

Hi Sonia,

Select showing threads from last 60 days and find the threads "Need suggestion" or "TIPS for DV-2003 Winners".
I guess those threads will help you..

Lottery

Sonia,

I had a similar experience 3 years ago. I say similar because I ended up not getting the gree card. I'll explain. I received the notification from the NVC saying that I had been selected and for the same reason (already living here in the US), I waited until October to go to INS and claim my green card.
What happens is that you are assigned a sequence number that you have to wait until INS starts processing that number so you can file your 485. Unfortunatelly my number never came.
So don't do anything with your current processes.
You can monitor the numbers that INS is currently processing at http://travel.state.gov/visa_bulletin.html

Good luck,

Wilmar

INS doesn't accept my I-485

I waited until Oct. And on 1st Oct I was in INS. But as you said, they are telling me that I should come back later to file I-485 since it is too early. They also referrred me to the Visa bulletin which is now showing the following number for ASIA:

AS 2100

My number is around AS 11700.

They are saying that it will be around Spring of 2003 before the number 11000 is near. Only then they can accept my I-485. Do you have any advice what can be done in such a situation? What is the way out since I do not want to lose this opportunity.

Thank you again,

Sonia

Sonia,

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do except hope that the number will come.
I lost the chance 3 years ago but I never quit. I try the lottery every year and also am working on my employment based green card.
Good luck,

Wtmachado

dv entry

Hi Sonia:
When you sent the entry. What address did you put ouside as return address in the envelope. Your country's address or your current address in the US?
thanks
andy

I am in the same boat - selected for Africa but residing in US. I gave me US address on envelope.

question about Immigration numbers

Hi,
What is the meaning of "ASIA: AS 5,200 Except: BANGLADESH 5,060" ?
It is like the rank number up to AS 5200 only.
or
rank number up to 5200 + 5060 = 10260 ?

The following is from Visa Bulletin Dec. 2002
All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately

Region

AFRICA: AF 11,500
ASIA: AS 5,200 Except: BANGLADESH 5,060
EUROPE: EU 18,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS): NA 11
OCEANIA: OC 256
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN: SA 700

re:

It means that the current cut-off number for asia is 5200. But if you were BANGLADESH nationals the cut-off number is 5060.

I was on the same boat last year, I went with KCC/CP instead of AOS... AOS takes too long and too risky, go for KCC/CP. easy and fast

As for the current number & your number, dont worry, you will be fine. just be patient

Mine was AS20000+ last year, I waited til September, and the number became all current. I just fly out to CP, and got an interview, easy, no questions asked, just gave all the papers, and they gave me the visa... so easy, no hassle

any questions, e-mail me, I do not check this forums often...

Thanks, AKTIO

Sounds very promising .
Aktio,
If my friend and I have any question , we will email to you.
What is your email address ?