H1B Bond

golgappa

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
I have a issue that has been discussed couple of times in this forum, still I wanted some feedback on my specific problem, I would be glad and obliged if you guys can give some good inputs...

1. I signed a offer letter in India before coming to US, that if I leave my employer before 1 year I have to pay $9000 againt Visa Processing, administrative and other cost.

2. I recently moved from to CA to MD. The employer promised all the moving expenses I spent $5000 from my pocket. Now he is neither denying nor giving me that amount, he just tells me new story every time.

4. In the offer letter it is written that the rellocation will be given as per the companies policy.

5. This is the 10th Month on my employment with him.

My query is :

1. Is there any way to pressurize him for this amount.

2. If I change employer, before 1 year and say he didnt pay the rellocation amount and break the contract himself. and ask him to pay that amount and remaning salary. VIA - Legal Case/INS/DOL

3. What is the correct way to follow in these three Legal Action/DOL/INS

4. Does the document which was an offer letter and was signed in India would be considered valid in US.

5. Does the Employee is liable of the H1B fees, Air Ticket, and administrative costs.

I would appreciate if any body can share some real time experiences.