H1B and H4 Interviews together??

ute80

Hi Guys-

I am on H1B, working in US. I got my status changed from F1 to H1B last yr and never got it stamped ever since. I am going to get married next month in India and would require a visa stamp on my passport. I believe it is a straight forward process but would appreciate your experiences and suggestions for this.

1. I am planning to take visa appointments both for myself and my future wife togther at the Delhi consulate (ofcourse by paying separate fee). Can I do that here in US for both of us?

2. Once I get an appointment, we both should appear togther for the interview (for my H1B and her H4) . Right?

3. The forms 156 and 157 are required to be filled during the interview but not while taking appointments. Is it right?

3. I will take all my docs. along with our marriage certificate, and pictures from wedding. Do I need something extra to that?

Please suggest me any other important thing which I should be aware of in this process.

Thanks much!:)

Answers Below:
1. Yes, you have to book the appointment at www.vfs-usa.co.in. To add your would be wife in the same visa appointment you need her passport number.
2. Yes that's the purpose and probably the safest option.
3. No, you have to fill these forms online and then take printouts.
4. Yes those will be necessary. Here is a link for H-4 visa stamping.